Open Daily 7:00 am – Dusk
STARTING MONDAY March 20th at 7:00 AM
Pickleball courts are to be used for pickleball play only. Observe the Court Etiquette and Rules of Play posted on the gates.
No unauthorized paid athletic coaching services or private lessons.
An athletic shoe, footwear with non-marking soles, is required. Ensure shoes are dry and free from dirt before entering courts.
Shirts must be worn at all times.
Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
There is a maximum of four players on one court at one time. One player may not hold or occupy a court alone if a waiting line exists. During extremely busy hours, players are encouraged to play doubles.
Music on the courts is permitted but shall not be offensive or bothersome to other players.
Personal chairs and bags should be lined up outside the fence and not brought onto the courts.
No individual, group, club, or organization shall occupy the pickleball courts for private league or tournament play without a permit from the Bernardsville Recreation Dept.
The Bernardsville Recreation Department may schedule courts for clinics, leagues, or tournaments. Closures will be posted.
The following are NOT permitted on the courts:
- Animals, except for service animals
- Bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, roller skates, in-line skates, carriages, radio-controlled toys, or any other wheeled devices. Personal assistance mobility devices are permitted.
- Food, gum and beverages except water are discouraged; plastic bottles must be removed from the courts
- Smoking, vaping, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers
- Profanity, bullying, abusive behavior or spitting
- The unauthorized use of snow/ice removal equipment or chemicals is prohibited. Any violation will result in the immediate closure of the courts for the winter season.
Note: Regulations, including operating hours, are subject to change by the Recreation Department.